Mountain Transit operates Weekend Trolley services providing transportation between Bear Mountain, Snow Summit, our retail shop in The Village, and other Big Bear venues throughout the City of Big Bear Lake.
Any guest in the Village area who is staying at a hotel, bed and breakfast, motel, etc. who has a valid 117/18 or 18/19 BBMR, Cali4nia Pass, Ikon Pass, or Lift Ticket dated for that day may ride the Mountain Transit Trolley to Bear Mountain or Snow Summit at no charge.
Any resident of the valley with a valid 17/18 or 18/19 BBMR, Cali4nia Pass, Ikon Pass, or Lift Ticket for that day may ride the Mountain Transit Trolley to Bear Mountain or Snow Summit at no charge.
FINDING YOUR STOP
Mountain Transit buses pickup and drop off passengers only at designated bus stops. Make sure you are waiting at the correct location.
WAITING FOR THE BUS
Arrive at your stop 5 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Buses are susceptible to traffic fluctuations, and may not always arrive on time. Be sure you are visible to the driver, but avoid stepping into the street to look for an approaching bus. Sit in the shelter, or stand near the curb. It is difficult for drivers to see passengers standing at bus stops and shelters at twilight or evening. If you have a cell phone, use its light to “flash” and signal the bus driver.
WHICH BUS IS MINE?
Each bus-stop sign displays the routes that serve that location. Route numbers are also displayed on the top front, and passenger-side window of each bus. Multiple routes may serve the same stop, so make sure you have the correct bus before boarding.
BOARDING THE BUS
- All Mountain Transit vehicles are accessible to the disabled.
- Please wait for the bus to come to a complete stop, and allow other passengers to exit before boarding the bus.
- Some seating at the front of the bus is reserved for senior citizens, and persons with disabilities.
- If no seats are available please stand and hold onto a pole for support. Buses may start or stop suddenly.
PAYING THE FARE
Have your fare ready before boarding. If paying with cash, make sure to have the exact amount, as bus drivers do not make change.
Service Animals must be licensed as required by law. They are allowed on the bus with proper restraint. Animals must be kept with their owner, on the floor in front of the owner. They must be well behaved and not be a nuisance to other riders. Bus drivers reserve the right to refuse service to a rider with an unruly Service Animal.
LUGGAGE & STROLLERS
No more bags are allowed than a passenger can carry on at one time, and place under seat or in lap (limit 4).
In order for trolley to provide safe transportation for children the following policy will be adhered to.
- Children may ride the MOUNTAIN TRANSIT Fixed Route service unaccompanied at age 10. Children under the age of 10 must be accompanied by a responsible adult, child (14 years or older), or have written permission on file with MOUNTAIN TRANSIT to ride, signed by the child’s parent/guardian. A responsible adult must be present at the drop-off destination. If no one is at the drop-off destination to receive the child, the proper authority will be contacted.
- Children may ride the MOUNTAIN TRANSIT Dial-a-Ride service unaccompanied at age 8. Children under age 8 may ride the MOUNTAIN TRANSIT Dial-a-Ride service unaccompanied provided a responsible adult is present at the drop-off destination. Again, if no one is at the drop-off destination to receive the child, the proper authority will be contacted.
- Children 5 and under may ride any MOUNTAIN TRANSIT service free when accompanied by a fare paying rider (limit 3 children per rider).
SEE YOUR BUS LOCATION IN REAL-TIME ON YOUR SMARTPHONE
Mountain Transit buses transmit their location every 30 seconds to provide accurate real-time information. See where your bus is on a map view and see when your bus will next arrive at your desired stop.
Download the official DoubleMap mobile app. Search for “DoubleMap” in your smartphone’s app store.
CONTACT MOUNTAIN TRANSIT
Have a question? Contact Mountain Transit directly. Click 'more' to view contact details.
Monday-Sunday 5:30 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
41939 Fox Farm Rd.
Big Bear Lake, CA
Mountain Area Regional Transit Authority
PO Box 1501
Big Bear Lake, CA 92315