Join Kids Across the Country at Bear Mountain
The Kids Adventure Games™ offers kids, ages 6 through 14, the opportunity to experience the thrill of adventure racing. The races emphasize teamwork, problem solving, sportsmanship, environmental awareness and fun. The kids cross the finish line, muddy, sweaty, smiling and full of pride. The intent of the Kids Adventure Games™ is to be challenged yet have fun, be determined, develop good character, sportsmanship, teamwork, build grit and resiliency, be able to think on your feet and finish the day with a smile.
What the Kids Adventure Games™ creates is an exceptional kid’s event with far reaching, lifelong lessons.
- Kids must register in teams of two.
- The age group is determined by the age of the oldest member of the team. You can ONLY race up ONE age group.
- The race categories are boys, girls, and coed in each age bracket.
- Age brackets are 6-7, 8-9, 10-11, and 12-14.
- Registration closes 3 days prior to the race date or earlier if race is sold out.
What to Expect
The Kids Adventure Games is an adventure challenge course designed and run especially for kids ages 6 – 14, in teams of two, involving a range of obstacles & challenges in an outdoor environment.
Course will be marked on a ‘kid friendly’ map.
- Course description and route will be printed on the map.
- Kids will travel the course by mountain bike, on foot, on land or on water.
- If there is a water element at the race, personal flotation devices are supplied by race
- Course is can be a circle, a figure eight or a cloverleaf format.
- Transition Area is where kids will change disciplines and pick up or drop gear.
- There are a number of different obstacles and challenges located around the marked
course, all are designed for children and are supervised by staff and /or volunteers.
The tasks will not cause children any great difficulty.
- Each obstacle is a checkpoint. Volunteers will stamp the map as proof that the team
- Teams have to follow the course in checkpoint order.
- The course is approximately 3 miles long. This will take between 40 minutes and 90
minutes to finish.
- Teams will be timed.
- All kids will wear a helmet, back pack, (bike) gloves and a climbing harness the entire
course. The climbing harness will be supplied by race organizers.
Registration On-Site Check In
- 1-5 pm (may vary per event site); one day before race day.
- One (set of) waivers per child (even siblings); available on website or made available
by email in advance.
- Parents present waivers to staff; staff checks name against start-registration
list/checks waivers for signatures etc.
- Race Bib will be provided (needs to be pinned to the front of the racer).
- Race schedule of events will be provided.
- Maps will be provided.
- Important phone numbers will be provided.
- Teams will be assigned wave times, (i.e., 9 am/10.30 am/12 pm).
- Each team will be assigned a start time, within their wave. (i.e., 9.05 – 9.10 etc.)
- Start times will be announced one week before race day via email.
- Kids have to be onsite 1 hour before their WAVE START (not start time).
- The team meeting will take place a ½ hour before the WAVE start; maps are handed.
out and course will be revealed at the meeting by Race Director, Billy Mattison.
- After the meeting, teams go to line up at the start, in bib order.
For more information, visit www.KidsAdventureGames.com.
VIEW OFFICIAL WEBSITE
<< Back to Calendar