To ensure your kids have a safe and fun day on the slopes, remember these tips to protect you from the sun and its radiation.
1. Wear pants, long sleeves, and gloves even on warm days.
2. Put on a hat or helmet that covers your ears.
3. Wear 100% UV protection goggles or sunglasses.
4. Apply generous amounts of SPF 30+ sunscreen on exposed skin every two hours.
5. It’s not the heat of the sun that causes skin damage but radiation from the sun.
What to look for in sunblock:
- SPF 30 or higher
- Broad Spectrum
- Zinc Oxide, titanium dioxide or both
Eye health is important for everyone. Skiers and snowboarders spend long hours on the snow which can increase your risk of eye health issues. Fortunately, wearing good quality sunglasses and goggles, that offer UV-protection are a great way to significantly reduce these risks. Below are several resources you can check out to learn more about the importance of wearing eye protection when you're enjoying the slopes.